After safety regulators received a report of a serious intestinal injury , Kipp Brothers is recalling approximately 800 Mag Stix magnetic building sets.
Small magnets located in the plastic sticks can fall out, causing a choking hazard to small children if swallowed. If one or more magnets are swallowed, the magnets can attract each other and cause serious intestinal injury such as blockage or perforation, which can be fatal.
An eight-year-old girl was hospitalized after swallowing loose magnets. She underwent extensive surgery to remove the magnets and repair the intestinal perforations.
The recalled sets include 24 pieces: twelve 1-inch sticks, four 2.25-inch sticks and eight metal balls. The sticks are blue, green, yellow and rust colored. “Item No. 40330 Made in China” and UPC number 77704 40330 1 are printed on the set packaging.
Consumers should take the recalled toys away from small children and contact Kipp Brothers for information and instructions on returning the toy for a full refund.
Consumer Contact: For additional information, call Kipp Brothers at (800) 428-1153 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday, or visit the Web site at www.kipptoys.com.
For more information on this subject, please refer to our section on Defective and Dangerous Products.